May 1, 2022
The Boonton Historical Society & Museum
210 Main Street
Boonton, NJ 07005
Free and open to the public
The Pathways of History
Sunday, May 1, 2022
The Pathways of History - Morris County's FREE Premier Self-Guided Weekend Tours of Museums and Historic Sites.
The 2022 tour consists of 27 Museums and Sites.
Please see http://pathwaysofhistorynj.net/ for tour details.
The Dr. John Taylor House - 210 Main Street, Boonton, New Jersey 07005
• 10am to 4pm – Boonton Historical Society Exhibit: Small Businesses of the Past – This new changing exhibit allows a glimpse into retail establishments and artifacts from the past. The Museum Gift Shops will be open with books, gift items, and special sale items.
• 11am to 1pm – Walking Tour: Morris Canal Greenway / Boonton Ironworks – led by Joe Macasek. Group meets at the Museum. Free Parking in the rear of the museum.
• 10am to 4pm – Members of the Canal Society of New Jersey will be on hand to talk with visitors and distribute literature about the Canal Society and the recent restoration of the Lock and Lock Tender’s House in Hugh Force Park, Wharton.
The Miller-Kingsland House - 445 Vreeland Avenue, Boonton, New Jersey 07005
• 10am to 4pm – Costumed docents will discuss the Kingsland family and the history of the home. This is the oldest recorded house in Boonton and only three families have lived in the home through the generations since 1740.
• 2pm to 3pm – Music by Clarum Sonum. We are delighted to have this local choral ensemble of diverse musicians who are committed to enriching the local community through collaboration, musical outreach, and original works.
• 12pm to 4pm – Ladies from the Lost Art Lace Makers of New Jersey will demonstrate their art and display exquisite samples of their work.