The Morris County Veterans Services Office provides information and assistance to honorably discharged Morris County Veterans and their families in obtaining VA benefits and entitlements.
A Veteran Services Officer can help:
- File claims for VA service-connected disability compensation, VA pension, discharge review, records correction, retrieval of lost records, apply for military medals earned.
- Provide information and referrals for education, veterans insurance, VA home loans, VA Healthcare, Veterans Memorial Homes or VA Nursing Home, and Vocational Rehabilitation.
- Make referrals to appropriate organizations and agencies for community-based services.
- Provide outreach to homebound Veterans and visit Morris County Veterans residing in medical centers and nursing homes.
- Outreach to homeless Veterans and connect them to services provided by County, State, and Federal Veterans Affairs.
- Provide referrals for job assistance and training.
- Assist with obtaining transportation for appointments with the Veteran Services Officer or for medical assistance at VA medical facilities.
- Applications for the Morris County Freeholders Distinguished Military Service Medal awarded to honorably discharged Morris County Veterans of the United States Military.
A Veteran Services Officer is responsible for recording the location of graves of Morris County Veterans. The office provides flags each year to decorate those graves on Memorial Day. The Office also awards medals to veterans or family members of veterans who served during a United States war period. Download the Morris County Distinguished Service Medal Application.
Read the Veterans Resource Directory for additional information. You can also call the Morris County Aging & Disability Resource Connection, toll-free: (800) 564-4656
Jessica Tomalo & Maria Salazar, Veteran Services Officers
540 West Hanover Ave, Morristown, NJ 07960
CLICK HERE to find out more and visit the Morris County Veterans Services website.
Catholic Charities of Morris, Passaic, and Sussex Services for Veterans
If you or someone you know is a Veteran who is either homeless or in danger of losing their housing, the Catholic Charities Office of Morris, Passaic, and Sussex Counties offers a range of support services including rental assistance, moving costs, utility payments, childcare expenses, security deposits, transportation costs, and supplying clothing and hygienic products. Please call or refer a Veteran to the 24-hour hotline: 855-767-8387. Or, you can call the office from Monday through Friday between 8:30am and 4:30pm at 973-279-7100 ext. 10 for more information.