- Finance Department
About the Department
The Chief Financial Officer has responsibility for the Finance Department which includes the following areas: Financial Administration, Tax Collection, and Water Utility billing.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Finance Department functions under the CFO who must:
- Manage an automated payroll system and prepare all necessary state and federal reports.
- Maintain a computerized budget and appropriations control system that meets all state and legal requirements.
- Maintain a general ledger record for all municipal, utility, capital and trust funds.
- Prepare and manage the accounts payable functions.
- Maintain all the relationships with the Town's commercial banks and execute all banking transactions.
- Manage all cash investments to maximize the amount of interest earned on the Town's funds.
- Issue the approved Town Notes and Bonds to the Town's capital projects.
- Prepare Municipal Budget, Annual Financial Statements, and the Budget In Brief documents with the Administrator.
- Maintain, analyze, and control the various Town Trust Funds.
- Collect all property taxes and follow up on delinquencies. Conduct the sales of tax liens on properties.
- Prepare all water and electric bills and provide the required customer service.
- Maintain an accounts receivable system for both utilities.
- Manage and analyze the financial performance of both the water utility. Recommend any rate increases or decreases whenever appropriate.
- Manage the Town's insurance coverage for liability, property, and automobile damage, and medical and dental benefits.
- Prepare and manage the Town's 6-Year Capital Plan. This Plan identifies the annual spending and funding sources for road and sewer reconstruction, public works’ equipment, fire and police equipment, building maintenance, parking lots, parks / fields, and all other capital projects.
Finance Department MAIN PAGELink to page
Annual Budget ProcessLink to page
Find out when property taxes are due and what tax rates are.Link to page
Budgets, Financials & AuditsLink to page
Utility Billing (Water & Sewer)Link to page
Bill ListsLink to page