- Construction Department
The Town of Boonton Construction Office is responsible for issuing all construction permits and for administering and enforcing the New Jersey Uniform Construction Code. The department consists of a licensed Construction Official, Building, Plumbing, Electric, Mechanical, and Fire Sub-Code Officials.
BEFORE you begin . . .
Regardless of your project, the first step in the process is to review the Zoning and Permit Requirements page and the Tax Assessment Chart to identify any tax implications, and to find out if the project requires zoning approval and/or a permit.
If you do require a zoning approval and/or construction permit, visit our Zoning & Permit Instructions page to learn more about the process of obtaining your required documentation.
You must call the office secretary at 973-402-9410 ext. 630 to set up any inspection. There is a minimum of 24-hour notice required. Your permit number is required for all inspection requests.
- Building Inspections - Tuesday & Thursday from 11:30 am to 2:00 pm
- Building Inspector Office Hours - Tuesday & Thursday from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Electrical Inspections - Tuesday & Thursday from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Plumbing & Mechanical Inspections - Tuesday & Thursday from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Fire Inspections - Tuesday & Thursday from 2:30 pm to 5:00 pm @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Construction Page Links
Construction Dept. MAIN PAGELink to page
Do I Need a Permit?Link to page
Instructions for Obtaining a PermitLink to page
Permit Application FormsLink to page
Construction Fees & OrdinancesLink to page
Construction FAQsLink to page
Tax Assessment ChartLink to page
Sidewalks & DrivewaysLink to page